All You need to know about Canada Intakes In 2022
The first step to get your aspirations fulfilled to study in Canada is to gather relevant information about it. Here you will get information about both- how your dream to studying in Canada will get fulfilled and the criteria of working there.
Overview of Canada intakes in a year
Canadian Universities offer intakes of international students thrice a year.
- Fall Intake or September Intake – A primary intake starts from September until December or January. It is the most popular intake among overseas aspirants and Indian students. Though the competition is intense for this intake, the advantages are more. It gives the aspirant 4 to 5 months of head start. Universities start their Major programs during this period and offer a wide variety of courses.This intake ensures more scholarships or financial aid to international students. Due to this reason, it is the most preferred choice of overseas aspirants.
- Winter Intake or January Intake – The number of courses offered and applications during this period are less, but the applicant here gets more time to prepare for their desired University. This intake is secondary and commences from January until May. It is the best option for those applicants who missed the fall intake.
- Summer or Spring Intake – This is also known as May Intake- The duration of this intake is from May till August, but it is the least preferred intake as the number of choices available is much lesser than the other two intakes. Applicants are least for this intake resulting in the least competition as this semester of universities is not mandatory, but this period enhances the chances of getting an offer
Ideally, the candidate must apply for the intake 12-15 months before avoiding any time of delay in the process discussed above.
Let’s understand the education system better
- Teaching Methods in Canada – Canada is one of the best countries for overseas Education. Perfect teaching methodology facilitates quality education. Universities in Canada offer a unique composition of conceptual learning and applied practical ways instead of simply mugging up the theoretical knowledge. This way of teaching is adopted from elementary to higher education studies. They believe in actual hands-on experience through labs as experiential learning gives fundamental notion. Other practices are guest speakers, which help build the network, and the internship opportunities ensure the industry exposure to the candidate.
- Affordable Education for all – Primary Education is free of cost for the residents of Canada, i.e., until the 11th or 12th standard, depending upon the province, sharpening the country’s high literacy rate. Most schools and universities are extensively financed, opening wider career opportunities overall.
- Employment Opportunities – Students are granted permission to enroll in part-time jobs provided both on-campus and off-campus during their studies. Students are allowed to work part-time up to 20 hours/week without any specific work permit and full time during scheduled breaks. These part-time jobs include jobs in hotels, general labor, tutors, etc. After completing studies, plenty of employment options are available in their respective domain. Many of the deserving candidates get the desired jobs in the top companies. Job possibilities for international students are strong in Canada.
Off campus job options for international students
It suitably helps the candidate to find employment opportunities beyond their campus. It helps both in adapting the country’s culture and making the resume strong. The necessary condition to work off campus is- candidate must have enrolled in a full-time course which is at least duration of 6 months leading to diploma, degree or other certification. One cannot work off campus in case of authorized leave
Types of Work Permit in Canada
A student visa facilitates students with an extra 90 days’ stay in the country after graduation. Moreover, students can seek a jobs in Canada once their visa is extended, and it further increases the possibility of obtaining a Permanent Residency (PR). Following are the types of work permits in Canada:
- Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP):- Students from designated learning institutes can only apply for it within 180 days after their result. Its processing time is up to 85 days, and validity depends on the duration of the program fundamental notion.
- Open Work Permit – It permits the holder to work for any employer in the country, and it is available to anybody.
- Employer specific work permit – It requires an offer letter from a Canada based organization or firm
Putting it all into a nutshell, before moving a step forward towards your dream it is always better to know the steps of implementation so that one may come across the least number of setbacks in the whole procedure. A daydreamer can never reach his/her goal in life.
If you are planning to study in Canada then make up your mind well in advance and gather all relevant information so that you may experience a hassle-free journey to Canada. Look for study visa consultants who can stand by your side at each step and correctly guide you.