[rev_slider alias=”departure-arrival-1″]

For Australia

COVID-19 was first confirmed in Australia in late January 2020. While Australia has resumed most of its transportation and business operations, Australian borders are closed to international passengers as of now.

Here’s some important points stated by the Australian government in the wake of the pandemic.

Only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members can travel to Australia. Everyone who arrives in Australia during the pandemic, will be quarantined for 14 days and might have to comply with other state and territory travel restrictions.

Once you have completed quarantine, you can travel within Australia in line with state and territory domestic travel restrictions. This may include further quarantine requirements.

Travellers arriving from any country may be health screened when they arrive in Australia.

There is a ban on all overseas travel, unless granted an exemption.

For more details and updates, it is suggested that you visit the official website of the department of Home Affairs.

Covid -19 guidelines

For UK

As the country reopens after the lockdown, transportation options in the UK are still limited and business operations are increasing gradually. With improving conditions, here’s some basic information for travellers, issued by the UK government in the wake of the pandemic.

UK Lockdown Restrictions

Across the UK, different approaches are being followed with respect to the lockdown restrictions. Here’s a detailed breakdown of the latest lockdown rules in the four countries of the UK.

UK Lockdown Restrictions


While the country does not advise you to undertake any kind of travel during the pandemic, if you decide to travel to the United Kingdom, here’s a list of points to keep in mind.

See the UK Embassy's web page regarding COVID-19.

Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.

Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues

Follow the instructions of local authorities.

Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.

Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.

Review the Crime and Safety Report for the United Kingdom.

Northern Ireland

As per the current rules in Northern Ireland, you should follow the advice mentioned below.

You must self-isolate for 14 days if you return to Northern Ireland from a country outside the Common Travel Area (CTA) unless you are travelling from a low to medium risk country that is exempt.

You may be fined £60 if you refuse to provide passenger information on arrival and £1,000 if you leave the location where you are self-isolating without reasonable excuse.

Before you travel, you should develop a self-isolation plan so that you know where and how you will self-isolate for 14 days after you have arrived into the CTA.

You should self-isolate in one place for the full 14 days, where you can have food and other necessities delivered, and stay away from others.

If you are self isolating, you cannot go out to work, school or visit public areas.

If you have any enquiries about COVID-19 and travel to a country, check the latest travel advice on the website or sign up for email alerts from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).


The Scottish Government has now announced Phase 3 of its route map through and out of the crisis. Here are some basic points to keep in mind if you are travelling to Scotland amid the pandemic.

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel.

If you need to travel, find out about any entry restrictions, screening or quarantine requirements on arrival that might affect you.

Read the safer air travel guidance on sensible precautions and steps to take if you’re flying.

Get travel insurance, and make sure you are content with the level of cover it provides.

Travel advice is constantly under review. It is advised that you visit the official website for latest updates and details.


Committed to keep Wales safe, the local government advises you to maintain social distancing and wash your hands regularly. The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) recommends you sign up for foreign travel email alerts on GOV.UK. If you need urgent consular assistance you can:

Call the FCDO Switchboard number on 020 7008 1500

Find an embassy or high commission on GOV.UK

For Canada

Travelling can be challenging during the pandemic. You should follow the advisory issued by each country to ensure safe travel and stay. International students may not be able to travel to Canada if their study permit application was approved after March 18, 2020. According to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), international students with a valid study permit may enter Canada only for “non-discretionary or non-optional purpose”.

The campuses of many Canadian colleges and universities are currently closed, with most learning shifting online.

No one should travel when sick. Commercial airline restrictions may also prevent you from boarding your plane if you're sick.

Travellers entering Canada must provide traveller contact information and undergo screening by a border official.

Officers will assess the circumstances surrounding the student’s travel and consider, for example, whether any of the following apply:

They are expected to begin studying upon arrival after completing their quarantine

They are established, residing and studying in Canada. If they are established in Canada, their return is non-discretionary

Entering Canada-A-checklist-for-international-students
Entering Canada-A-checklist-for-international-students-2

Their presence in Canada is necessary for their continued participation in the programme (such as in laboratories or workshops)

Pursuing online studies is not an option for their school or programme or not possible from their home country (for example, due to internet restrictions or bandwidth limitation)

The semester has been cancelled or the person will begin studying later in the year

A border services officer will make a final determination on the foreign national’s eligibility to enter Canada at the port of entry.

If you're a foreign national, you won't be able to enter Canada if you have COVID-19 symptoms.

Starting October 20, 2020, DLIs with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by their province or territory will be able to reopen to international students who are currently outside Canada. A new list of DLIs with approved COVID-19 readiness plans will be available on or before October 20.

If you plan to come to Canada as an international student on or after October 20, 2020, your DLI must be on the list of DLIs with approved COVID-19 readiness plans before you travel to Canada. This change will apply to all international students, whether you’re travelling from the United States or from any other country.

Many prospective international students who would like to study in Canada for upcoming intakes are facing uncertainty due to travel restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada recognizes this, and will continue to ensure that Canada’s immigration programs are flexible to respond to these uncertainties with 3 new measures on post-graduation work permit eligibility for students beginning programs online.


These changes are being implemented to provide more flexibility on eligibility rules for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for students who need or want to start their Canadian study program online from abroad. Three changes that are being introduced in the wake of the pandemic are:

To be eligible for these measures, students must have submitted a study permit application before starting a program of study in the spring, summer, or fall 2020 semester, or the January 2021 semester. All students must eventually be approved for a study permit.

Students may now study online from abroad until April 30, 2021, with no time deducted from the length of a future post-graduation work permit, provided 50% of their program of study is eventually completed in Canada.

Students who have enrolled in a program that is between 8 and 12 months in length, with a start date from May to September 2020, will be able to complete their entire program online from abroad and still be eligible for a post-graduation work permit.

Students who have enrolled in a program with a start date from May to September 2020 and study online up to April 30, 2021, and who graduate from more than one eligible program of study, may be able to combine the length of their programs of study when they apply for a post-graduation work permit in the future, as long as 50% of their total studies are completed in Canada.


The Embassy of India is constantly in touch with the US government, which is monitoring the implications that this evolving situation may have for international students.

While all non-essential domestic or international travel is prohibited as recommended by the WHO and CDC, basic advisory issued by the US government is mentioned below.

If you are staying on-campus and are/will in the foreseeable future be asked to vacate, check with your university about retaining on-campus housing or options for accessing off-campus housing.

If your university/program is shutting down on-campus services, check with them on how to avail your university’s health services, mandatory health insurance, international student services, and any other essential services that may be impacted.

guidelines for USA study
US Transportation and Security Administration

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) provides updated information on visitor visas, expiring visa status and on student CPT/OPT applications/extensions.

For official advisories for travel to or from the US, consult the US Department of State, US Transportation and Security Administration, and the relevant local, state, and transit/destination government websites.

For Germany

The coronavirus crisis has brought in an unprecedented situation for everyone. The governments of Germany and India have issued advisories for international students to ensure safe travel amid COVID-19.

As per the latest updates, German citizens are allowed to enter Germany regardless of where they come from. Persons travelling from non-EU countries, by air or the sea, must comply with certain conditions.

Citizens of EU member countries travelling to Germany from non-EU countries are allowed to do so if their home or legal residence is in Germany.

Citizens of EU member countries, including the United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, travelling from non-EU countries to Germany, are allowed to do so if it is the only way to reach their home country.

Non-EU citizens who are holders of a long-term visa or residence permit and whose home or legal residence is in Germany are allowed to enter the country.

For Germany - Coronavirus guidelines

Non-EU citizens who have a residence permit or long-term visa in an EU country (including the United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland) and their families can enter Germany to get to their home country as a travel connection.

Non-EU citizens who do not have a long-term visa or residence permit, will not be allowed to enter Germany. The only way they can enter Germany is if they have an urgent reason to do so.

For latest updates, you should visit the official embassy website.


The Visa Section of the German Missions have gradually started reopening some of their services.

The situation may change depending on how the pandemic progresses. All those wishing to travel to and from Germany are advised to contact the relevant embassies in their home countries/or transit countries, to see whether they will be prone to any travel restrictions along the way.

For New Zealand

If you have been selected to a university in New Zealand, you need to follow the instructions and guidelines issued by the government and wait for things to get back to normal.

Student visa holders and applicants

Student visa holders are not permitted to enter New Zealand as of now. Exceptions to the border closure can be made by Immigration New Zealand for exceptional circumstances only.


If the “first entry before” date on your visa has expired you will need to apply for a new visa.


Students have secured admission in any New Zealand university, can do the following:

Students who are overseas can study online without a visa. When New Zealand’s border restrictions are lifted, you can provide evidence of your online study to support your visa application. If you choose to study online in your home country first, you will still need to meet standard student visa requirements to be granted a student visa. These requirements include being a genuine student, having sufficient funds for maintenance, and being of good health and character.

Current requirements for post-study work visa applications still apply. You need to study in New Zealand for minimum 30 weeks at level 7 and above on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework or 60 weeks for qualifications at levels 4 to 6. If you choose to study online in your home country first, a future post-study work visa application may be affected.


The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) sets the international student English language entry requirements for most education providers.

If you decide to cancel your study plans, contact your education provider. If your visa application has not been processed, you can contact Immigration New Zealand to withdraw it. Requests for visa application fee refunds and changes to visa conditions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Reach out to our support team

Register Now