5 Must-haves to Get Your Visa Approved to Study Abroad in Australia

Home  /  Careers Abroad   /  5 Must-haves to Get Your Visa Approved to Study Abroad in Australia

5 Must-haves to Get Your Visa Approved to Study Abroad in Australia


Taking the right step ahead in your career feels like being on top of the world. You are surely on the path to reaching that peak of delight if you have already shortlisted what you wish to study and which institution to apply to in Australia. But the most crucial thing you need to study abroad in Australia is to get your Visa. 

Getting the Visa approved is also one of the longest and most tricky parts of the whole process of planning your overseas studies. The good news is that if you know the following things and keep the must-haves ready well in advance, you can swiftly go through the process and get your Visa effortlessly.

Ample Time

More than anything else, you must ensure ample time to apply for the student visa before your classes start. Usually, the student visa in Australia is processed within a month. According to the Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF), the processing time for a study visa for Australia is as follows: 


75% Processing

90% Processing
Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector45 days76 days
Postgraduate Research Sector3 months6 months
Independent ELICOS Sector4 months9 months
Vocational Education and Training Sector6 months10 months
Higher Education Sector44 days10 months

90% of the visas are processed in 5 months. However, your visa may take longer to process if:

  • information required for your application is incomplete or missing
  • your application doesn’t have all the documents and elements required.

Simply hire the right study abroad education consultants like Chetanya Career Consultants to take care of everything for you.

Your Institute’s Approval

You have to be enrolled in a full-time course, whether it’s undergraduate, masters, or PhD, to be able to apply for a student visa. The course must be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). The university will provide an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate, which will serve as proof of enrolment. 

The Right Documents

You will generally need the following basic documents while applying for an Australia Student Visa:

  • A valid passport
  • A copy of Aadhaar card
  • A copy of PAN card
  • Your visa application fee
  • Your GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) statement
  • Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
  • Academic and work experience documents
  • Evidence from sponsors of financial ability to meet expenses like tuition fees, living expenses, living costs for dependents, and return airfare
  • Details of OSHC health insurance policy
  • Statement of purpose
  • Passport-size photographs

You will also be required to provide additional documents like parental consent if you are under 18 years.

Qualifying Language Score

Authorities need to know that you have adequate language abilities. You can prove your language by taking a language proficiency test. The following tests scores are acceptable:

  • International English Language testing system (IELTS): 6.5-7.6
  • Pearson Test of English (PTE): 42 or 5-5.5 IELTS
  • Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): 162
  • Occupational English Test (OET): A ‘b’ for each test component

*For nursing courses: need 7 and PTE 65 in reading, listening, speaking and writing

Good Health and Health Insurance

You must be healthy physically and mentally to ensure your visa approval happens smoothly. Make sure you have no major illnesses that get detected during medical tests. Also, make sure you have an ongoing and valid OSHC before the test. In case something happens to you in Australia, the authorities need to know that you will be able to pay your own healthcare bills. You usually have to purchase an Overseas Student Health Cover to prove this.

Australia is truly a land of opportunities. All you need is reputed overseas education consultants to ensure you land the right opportunity at the best time without worrying too much. Chetanya Career Consultants (3C) can be your study abroad education partner so that you are the closest to your dreams. Get in touch with us today to start the process.

Leave a comment

two × two =

Register Now