Some Colleges & universities are not part of SPP. It doesn't mean that they are not good, as even big universities are not part of SPP like University of British Columbia, University of Alberta, Dalhousie University, University of waterloo, Mcgill University, University of Toronto. You just need to be more active and responsible while choosing any private college & university. They have their own terms & conditions. Canadian universities are more advantageous in the following study areas: Aerospace, Animation, Medicine, and Engineering (Specialized in Automotive, Civil, Mining and Petroleum), Energy, Telecommunications, Agriculture, IT, Environmental Sciences, Biotechnology, Business as well as Finance and Economics.
Click here to download University Checklist ...
Student Visa Requirement under University Category
- Student must check the University Visa application checklist before the start of visa application. Student should submit University Checklist along with his application.
- Minimum having 60 % is required in recently completed Degree/Diploma/Senior Secondary.
- IELTS test must be taken within last 24 months.
- All mark sheets are required for the process.
- One year gap can be accepted but if you have more than 1 year gap then you have to provide an appropriate proof of your gap.
- The maximum number of backlogs should not be more than 8.
- Copy of medical should be attached before submitting application to Embassy.
- Proof of Funds: Student can take GIC (Guaranteed Income Certificate) of $ 10,000 CAD so as to cover living Expenses for the first year in Canada.
Alternate Option: Student can fulfill the financial requirement by submitting a copy of the receipt for their tuition Fee and a copy of an Educational loan from any Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to $ 10,000 CAD.